- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
City Clerk Resume Objective Example
City Clerk Resume Objectives
When you submit a resume for a City Clerk position, the objective statement should be customized to reflect the skills, talents and experiences you bring to the table. The objective should convince a hiring manager that you will be able to issue permits, get information for judges and keep fiscal accounts for the city.
What The City Clerk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A prospective employer should be able to gather from your resume objective that you have clerical skills and knowledge of various legal codes to efficiently carry out your responsibilities. These tasks can include collecting fees, preparing technical reports, proofreading records to ensure accuracy, issuing identification to employees and searching through databases to find necessary information. When an election is taking place, the City Clerk is typically in charge of distributing ballots by mail and confirming ballot information. Any abilities you possess that would aid you in these duties should be highlighted in the resume objective.
Sample City Clerk Resume Objectives
A good resume objective needs to state all your skills and experiences that make you qualified to hold this position. You should also include the name of the organization to show your true interest in working with them. Some example objectives you can customize for your personal resume include:
1. Seeking a City Clerk position at ABC company to use communication and administrative skills for the overall benefit of the organization.
2. Obtain a position at ABC company as a City Clerk to utilize extensive background in maintaining official records, preparing budgets and scheduling appointments.
3. A strongly motivated individual with 10+ years of experience running city elections looking for a City Clerk position at ABC company.
4. Looking for employment as a City Clerk for ABC company to utilize degree in business administration with first-hand experience in preparing legal documents.
5. Results-oriented professional desiring a City Clerk position at ABC company that can benefit from thorough understanding of legal terminology and comprehension of clerical activities.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
- Researching skills
- Financial report analysis
- City personnel supervision
- Legal notice publishing
- Activity coordination
- City code knowledge
- Money handling
- Records management
- Proficient in [Software]
- Schedule Management
Create My Resume
City Clerk/Treasurer @ City of Dumas
Methodical team leader, well-versed in evaluating expenditure challenges and developing actionable resolutions. Acknowledged for implementing process optimization and reducing month-end closing time b...
Experience: 8 yrs 4 mo
City Court Clerk @ City Court Clerk
I'm a systematic Data Entry Clerk with 15 years of experience in organizing and managing data. Trained in database systems management using various technology platforms. Efficient in overseeing projec...
Experience: 9 yrs 5 mo
City Clerk / Executive Assistant @ City Of Forest Park, GA
Responsible City Clerk offering a State of Georgia Municipal Clerk certification and five years of experience in supporting the City Manager. Thorough knowledge of all municipal rules and regulations ...
Experience: 7 yrs 5 mo
City Clerk/Treasurer @ Town Of Kiowa
Honest financial professional skilled in fiscal management and analysis with capability to highlight corporate financial trends. Well-versed in applying financial data to create informative reports fo...
Experience: 7 yrs 10 mo
City Clerk @ City Of Low Moor
• 15+ years of experience in customer service • 9 years of experience in promotions with an emphasis on sweepstakes/contests/games & rebates • 6 years of city clerk/municipal government expe...
Experience: 11 yrs 8 mo
What to read next
*As seen in :
Top Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples (You Need To Know)
Are you about to apply for an interesting office clerk job that has caught your eye?
If the job is particularly appealing, there is a good chance that a whole host of other people will apply. The hiring manager is likely to have a huge stack of resumes that they need to scan and shortlist.
Your best way of capturing the attention of the hiring manager is by creating a strong resume objective. This short introductory paragraph tells the hiring manager who you are and why you should get the job.
So, let’s check out some top office clerk resume objective examples and go through some tips on creating a strong opening statement .
How To Write An Office Clerk Resume Objective
You only have one chance to make a first impression and make a connection with the hiring manager. Your resume objective is the perfect way to do this, and it is worth taking your time with it. Here are some tips on how to make your resume objective as engaging as possible.
Understand the role
Before you get started, you need to find out as much as possible about the office clerk job. This includes the full range of duties that typically go with the job and the necessary skills. It is a good idea to connect with office clerks on LinkedIn and find out about their duties and skills.
Evaluate the job requirements
The job description needs to clearly state the skills, education, and experience that applicants need to have. Candidates who fail to show that they meet the requirements are likely to be rejected straight away. Therefore, you need to look closely at the requirements and demonstrate the ways that you meet them.
Make a list of your strengths
Create a list of all the strengths that make you stand out from the crowd. You then need to pick out your best skills and experience that will make employers sit up and take notice. Try to think of ways to present these strengths so that they are as dynamic as possible.
Match your strengths to the job
No matter which strengths you choose to highlight, you need to find ways of connecting them to the job. Failing to do this indicates that you have misunderstood the job you are applying for. When writing about your strengths, try to mirror some of the words that appear in the job description.
Keep it short and simple
It needs to be possible for the hiring manager to scan your resume objective in just a few seconds. If it has captured their attention, the hiring manager will then read the rest of your resume and reach out to you. Restrict your resume objective to just two or three sentences and remove any filler words and unnecessary details.
Do your homework
Find out as much about the job and the company as possible before completing your application. You may find that the company is known for a particular area that you have specialist skills in. In this case, highlighting this expertise will go a long way to securing an interview.
Office Clerk Duties And Responsibilities
When creating your resume objective , you need to try and show that you have experience with the main duties. This shows the hiring manager that you understand the role and are ready to take on the various challenges. Here are some of the duties that go with the role and details of what each one involves.
Managing office employees
The role basically involves making sure that the office runs smoothly and efficiently at all times. You need to be comfortable dealing with complaints from employees and be able to resolve them. This often includes taking decisive action and delegating certain tasks.
You will often be charged with conducting market research to help the company appeal to a wider client base. This is a specialist skill that hiring managers are sure to recognize and appreciate. If you have limited work experience, highlighting your market research experience can identify you as a strong candidate.
You will be charged with keeping track of the written communication that passes through the office. This includes correspondence from clients and different types of inter-office communication. Highlighting experience with this duty demonstrates a good understanding of the demands of the job.
Top Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples – Essential Skills
There are several important skills that all office employees should possess. You should include at least a couple of these skills in your resume objective. Here are some of the main skills that are sure to impress hiring managers.
Customer service skills
It is important to be polite and friendly at all times when interacting with clients. This includes having an excellent telephone manager and greeting clients in an appropriate way. You must also be ready and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the needs of different clients.
You are likely to spend a lot of time writing emails, drafting letters, and handling other types of written correspondence. Be able to type quickly and accurately to do this job well. You must also be able to express information clearly and concisely when creating reports and emails.
You need to be able to provide clients with information and answer their questions clearly. This can involve having the patience to explain the same things several times if needed. You also need to be able to explain tasks clearly and simply when delegating duties to other office employees.
You are sure to have a lot of different files and other types of correspondence to keep track of. You also need to be able to plan and delegate different tasks. For the office to run efficiently, the office clerk needs to have strong organizational skills.
Office clerks need to take note of certain deadlines and make sure that work is completed on time. This involves being about to schedule work and keeping track of it. It is necessary to be able to prioritize different tasks so that everything is completed within the specified times.
Attention to detail
You need to be able to spot small details such as missing signatures from contracts and other types of correspondence. When writing to clients, you need to make sure their names are spelled correctly, and all details are accurate. Highlighting attention to detail shows hiring managers that you understand the importance of this.
When challenges arise, such as schedule changes, you need to come up with creative solutions. This involves being able to analyze the situation quickly and determine the best solution. Being able to do this is a key element of making sure that the office runs smoothly.
Many aspects of this role involve using a computer to perform different types of tasks. While on-the-job training is usually provided, already having these skills and knowledge will save the employer time. Hiring managers are sure to appreciate applicants with QuickBooks experience as well as knowledge of MS Office and MS CRM.
This skill shows that you can work well alone without being instructed. It indicates to hiring managers that you understand the duties of the job and are confident in completing them. People who emphasize individuality can take the reins when needed and can be counted on to lead by example.
Top Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples
The trick to creating a strong resume objective is presenting your strengths in the best way possible. This is naturally going to vary according to where you are in your career and the specialist skills you have gained. Let’s check out some different ways to begin your resume objective in different circumstances.
Entry-level office clerk resume objective examples
The role of an office clerk is ideal for entry-level candidates because most employers simply require a high school diploma. The downside of this is that the work history section of your resume is likely to be quite barren.
You can make up for this by kicking off your resume objective with the skills that make you a strong candidate:
- Organized and friendly high school graduate with typing skills of 55+ wpm and data entry skills.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic graduate with strong organizational skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Approachable and professional customer-focused individual with strong computer skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with exceptional data entry and research skills as well as good attention to detail.
- Efficient and results-driven individual seeking an entry-level role to utilize my excellent organizational skills.
Experienced office clerk resume objective examples
If you have gained a little work experience, you may be ready for a more advanced position. Some office clerk roles require a certain amount of experience and skill.
Here are some ways to present your experience so that it is not buried in the rest of your resume:
- Self-motivated and organized individual professional with five years’ experience in office administration and customer relations.
- Professional and friendly office clerk with three years of experience in office administration and excellent typing skills.
- Bringing four years of administrative experience and organizational skills along with strong telephony and problem-solving skills.
- Highly experienced professional with superior time management skills and a good understanding of business practices and needs.
- Detail-oriented and customer-focused professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills and four years of prior administrative experience.
Office clerk resume objective examples highlighting your qualifications
If you have gained a special qualification and/or certification, make sure the hiring manager knows about it. In most cases, your qualifications and specialist skills can make up for a lack of office clerk experience .
Here are some ways to lead with your qualifications so that they stand out:
- BCLS certification holder with excellent customer service skills and a deep understanding of business practices.
- Organized and driven individual with a business management degree and the ability to multitask.
- Recent business management graduate with a year of medical clerical experience and strong organizational skills.
- Talented office clerk with three years of experience in auditing filing, IT systems, and data entry.
Career change office clerk resume objective examples
Another example where you will want to word your resume objective carefully is when you are changing career paths. Although this may be your first office clerk role, you may have transferable skills and experience. It is important to highlight these aspects so that they are not overlooked by the hiring manager.
Here are some strong ways to begin your resume objective if you are looking for a career change:
- Former sales representative bringing excellent customer service and communication skills to an office clerk role.
- Experienced front desk worker looking for a fresh challenge to utilize strong organizational and people skills.
- Detail-oriented retail assistant with seven years of experience providing excellent customer service and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Bringing three years of customer-facing hospitality experience and data entry skills along with strong teamwork skills.
Resume objectives that make it clear what you want
People in the business world appreciate people who are proactive and ambitious. Even if you lack skills and experience, showing the hiring manager what you are looking for can grab their attention. This indicates that you are self-motivated and willing to work hard to get what you want.
Here are some strong ways to project this at the start of your resume objective:
- Seeking a senior office clerk role to utilize and hone my advanced data entry skills and business knowledge.
- Seeking to apply six years of administrative experience to manage customer inquiries, inventory, and office procedures.
- Looking for an office clerk position that requires strong organizational skills and excellent multi-tasking abilities.
Looking For Expert Resume Advice?
Let’s start our resume advice, such as my Best Opening Statement Examples For Resumes , or perhaps you’re wondering Does A Resume Need An Objective , or How Many Years You Should Go Back On A Resume , along with How Long Should A Resume Be , How To Show A Promotion On Your Resume , and my Best Resume Format Guide .
For advice on resume objectives specifically, I found Landing A Job Interview: How To Attract The Hiring Manager’S Attention: Resume Objective Statements , and the best Skills To Put On A Resume: How To Write A Successful Resume: How To Write A Resume Objective , as well as Resume Objective Statements and Professional Summaries , to begin with.
I also highly recommend how to Build Your Resume: How To Make Your Resume Look Impressive To Your Employers: Job Objectives For Resumes , and Branding Strategy For Job Application: How To Write An Impressive Cover Letter For A Resume: How To Write An Impressive Objective In A Resume , all available online in 2023.
Top Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples – Final Thoughts
When creating your resume objective, you should keep the job description firmly in mind. It is important to create a fresh resume objective for each job you apply for. You need to link your opening statement to the requirements of the job as closely as possible.
The best way to do this is to underline all the most important elements of the job description. This includes the main duties, required skills, and education and experience requirements.
Reflecting keywords from the job description in your objective shows hiring managers that you understand and meet the job requirements.
Good luck with your new job as an Office Clerk!
Top Health Resume Objective Examples To Boost Your Carreer
Best professional resume writing services (2023 updated), how to show contact information on your resume.
- Top Sales Representative Resume Objective Examples
- Top Administrative Assistant Resume Objective Examples
- Top Teacher Resume Objective Examples (You Should Apply)
- Top Student Resume Objective Examples in 2023
- Does a Resume Need an Objective?
- Best Resume Format Guide
Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
About Linda Shepard
Linda is employed by one of the biggest employment agencies in San Francisco and has over 15 years of experience in finding her clients their dream job. She prides herself on being able to match the right person to the right position, which inevitably creates a great working relationship for the employee and the company moving forward. When she isn't writing articles or working, she enjoys gardening, socializing, and going for long walks on the beach and in nature. She lives with her boyfriend Carl and their cat, Fluffy.
Top 17 General Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples
This article provides examples of effective objectives for resumes of general office clerks, along with tips for crafting an effective objective.
Updated February 2, 2023 10 min read
A resume objective is a short, concise statement that outlines your career goals and the value you can bring to an employer. As a general office clerk, your resume objective should focus on your ability to provide administrative support in a busy office environment. When writing your objective, include specific skills, such as data entry or customer service experience, that demonstrate how you are qualified for the position. Use language that conveys enthusiasm and emphasizes the qualities that make you an ideal candidate for the job. For example: “A highly organized and detail-oriented professional with 5+ years of administrative experience seeking to leverage my expertise to provide superior support as a general office clerk at ABC Company.” This type of statement will help employers understand why they should hire you and how you stand out from other applicants.
Top 17 General Office Clerk Resume Objective Samples
- To obtain a General Office Clerk position in a professional environment that allows me to utilize my organizational and communication skills.
- To secure a General Office Clerk position with an established organization where I can contribute to the team’s success.
- Seeking a challenging and rewarding General Office Clerk role with an organization that offers growth opportunities.
- To join a company as a General Office Clerk and help them reach their goals through efficient administrative support.
- To work as a General Office Clerk for an organization that values hard work, dedication, and commitment.
- Looking for an opportunity to join a team of professionals as a General Office Clerk and use my skills to help the company succeed.
- Seeking employment as a General Office Clerk in order to apply my experience and knowledge in providing excellent customer service.
- To gain employment as a General Office Clerk where I can use my organizational skills to assist in the daily operations of the office.
- Aiming for a position as a General Office Clerk that will allow me to utilize my strong interpersonal skills while providing quality customer service.
- Dedicated individual seeking employment as a General Office Clerk where I can apply my knowledge of office procedures and protocols.
- To work as part of an innovative team in the capacity of a general office clerk, utilizing my expertise in administrative support and customer service.
- Eager to join an organization as its next general office clerk, bringing enthusiasm, initiative, and dedication to the job every day.
- Looking for an opportunity to work with an established company as its next general office clerk, utilizing my strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Seeking full-time employment as general office clerk so I can apply my experience in clerical duties such as filing, data entry, document processing, etc.
- Desire to secure the position of general office clerk at your esteemed firm so I may bring forth my proficiency in MS Word & Excel along with excellent communication & time management skillset .
- Passionate about joining your team of professionals by taking up the role of general office clerk wherein I can make use of my multitasking abilities & problem-solving aptitude .
- Aspiring for the post of general office clerk at your esteemed firm so that I may be able to employ my exceptional ability towards managing paperwork & other administrative tasks proficiently .
How to Write a General Office Clerk Resume Objective
Writing a resume objective as a general office clerk is an important step in the job application process. It serves to provide employers with a brief summary of your qualifications and skills, and should be tailored to fit the position you are applying for. A general office clerk resume objective should highlight your ability to perform administrative tasks, organize paperwork, and work well in a team environment.
When writing your resume objective, begin by stating the type of position you are seeking. This will help employers understand what kind of job you are looking for and how your skills and experience can benefit their company. For example, you might say “Seeking a general office clerk position to utilize my organizational and communication skills in an administrative role.”
Next, explain why you are uniquely qualified for the job. Include any relevant educational background or certifications that demonstrate your competency in the field. Additionally, mention any technical proficiencies that you possess such as computer software or filing systems that could make you an asset to the company. You may also wish to include any prior work experience that is related to the role so employers can see how you have applied your skills in past positions.
Finally, make sure to include a few words about why this specific job interests you or what qualities make it appealing to you as an applicant. This final line will help create a personal connection between yourself and potential employers while expressing enthusiasm for the role.
By following these steps when crafting your general office clerk resume objective, you can ensure that it stands out from other applications and conveys all of your relevant qualifications in an engaging way.
Related : What does a General Office Clerk do?
Skills to Add for General Office Clerk Resume Objectives
When writing a resume for a general office clerk position, it is important to include skills that demonstrate your qualifications for the job. As an office clerk, you will be expected to have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as a commitment to providing excellent customer service. It is also important to showcase your ability to work with computers and other technologies. The following are some of the key skills to add when writing your resume objectives:
Organizational Skills: As an office clerk, it is essential that you have strong organizational skills in order to effectively manage files, records, and other documents. You should be able to organize information in a logical manner and ensure accuracy in all tasks performed. It is also important that you can prioritize tasks in order of importance and complete them according to deadlines.
Communication Skills: Office clerks need excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with clients, coworkers, supervisors, and other stakeholders. You should be able to explain complex information clearly and concisely while maintaining professionalism at all times. In addition, strong listening skills are essential for understanding instructions from supervisors or customers accurately.
Computer Skills: Most office clerks will need some level of proficiency with computers in order to perform their duties efficiently. This includes being able to type quickly and accurately as well as having experience with various software programs such as Microsoft Word or Excel. You should also be familiar with email programs such as Outlook or Gmail so that you can send messages quickly and respond promptly when needed.
Customer Service: Excellent customer service is essential for any office clerk position since they are often the first point of contact between customers or clients and the company they represent. You should have the ability to provide friendly yet professional assistance while resolving inquiries or complaints quickly and efficiently. Having an understanding of customer service best practices will help demonstrate your commitment towards providing outstanding customer service experiences each time someone interacts with the company you represent.
By including these key skills on your resume objectives when applying for a general office clerk position, you will be able showcase yourself as an ideal candidate who has what it takes to excel at this role.
Related : Top General Office Clerk Skills
Common Mistakes When Writing a General Office Clerk Resume Objective
A resume objective is an important part of a well-crafted resume, as it provides employers with an overview of the skills and qualifications you bring to the table. Unfortunately, many job seekers make common mistakes when writing a general office clerk resume objective, which can significantly hinder their chances at landing an interview. To ensure your resume stands out from the competition, here are some of the most common mistakes to avoid when crafting your resume objective:
1. Not Tailoring Your Objective to the Job You're Applying For: Generic objectives do little to make you stand out from other applicants. Instead, tailor your objective to address the specific needs of the position you’re applying for by highlighting relevant skills and experience that will help you excel in the role.
2. Focusing Too Much on Your Own Needs: While your objective should highlight how you can benefit an employer, it should not be focused solely on what you want from them. Avoid using phrases such as “seeking a challenging position” or “looking for opportunities to advance my career” as they come off as self-serving rather than beneficial to the company.
3. Being Too Vague or Unspecific: A good objective should explain precisely why you’re applying for a particular job and how you plan to contribute value if hired. Use strong action words and vivid descriptions to demonstrate what makes you an excellent fit for the role and why hiring managers should consider you for it.
4. Omitting Important Information: Your objective should provide employers with enough information about your qualifications so they know whether or not they want to read further into your application materials. Be sure to include any pertinent experience, certifications or awards that demonstrate why you are uniquely suited for this role in particular.
By avoiding these common mistakes when writing a general office clerk resume objective, job seekers can ensure their resumes are impactful and stand out from other applicants vying for similar positions. With a well-crafted objective statement that speaks directly to what employers are looking for in candidates, applicants increase their chances of landing an interview and ultimately getting hired!
Related : General Office Clerk Resume Examples
A right resume objective for a general office clerk should focus on the candidate's strong organizational and administrative skills, while a wrong resume objective would be too vague or overly generic.
Top 17 office clerk resume objective examples.
This article provides examples of effective resume objectives for office clerks, which can help them stand out to potential employers.
Top 17 Office Automation Clerk Resume Objective Examples
This article provides examples of effective resume objectives for top office automation clerk positions.
Top 10 General Office Clerk Certifications
This article provides an overview of the top certifications available for general office clerks to help them advance their careers.
What does a General Office Clerk do?
Learn all about General Office Clerk duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a General Office Clerk.
Top 16 General Clerk Resume Objective Examples
This article provides examples of effective objectives for general clerk resumes that can help job seekers create a compelling resume for the position.
Top 18 General Office Assistant Resume Objective Examples
This article provides top general office assistant resume objective examples to help job seekers create effective resumes and stand out in the job market.
Top 20 Office Clerk Resume Objective Examples you can Apply
To improve your chances of having your office clerk resume or CV succeed in getting you an interview, your objective statement must be captivating.
Being the first statement the employer will read in your resume, a good career objective statement will greatly boost the impact of your office clerk resume on the recruiter for them to read the rest of the document and select your application for an interview appointment.
Making a great resume objective for an office clerk job requires having the right knowledge, which this post will give you.
Steps to Writing a Good Office Clerk Objective for Resume
There are two steps you can take to write a good objective statement for your office clerk resume.
The first is to learn about the job and its requirements.
The job description posted by the hirer will provide you with the information to know more about the office clerk position that you are seeking for with the organization.
You will see the skills, abilities, experience, educational qualifications, etc. that the employer requires applicants for the position to possess to be considered for the office clerk position.
The second step after knowing what the recruiter’s requirements are for the job, and you are sure that you meet them is to create an objective statement that declares that you meet the requirements and will be effective on the job.
You will have to highlight some of your best skills, qualities, experience, abilities, etc. in your resume objective that are relevant to succeeding as an office clerk.
Now, let’s see some examples of office clerk career objective statements to help you quickly learn how to make effective objectives for your resume.
Best 20 Office Clerk Resume Objective you can Apply Right Away
1. Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with exceptional customer service skills and a friendly attitude. Looking for the position of an Office Clerk to apply 3years of administrative experience to provide excellent service to customers, and to deliver top-notch customer satisfaction in a professional manner.
2. Experienced clerk with excellent communication and time management skills. Interested in the position of Office Clerk, bringing proficiency in Excel; ability to handle high volume calls; ability to keep inventory of supplies; and superior clerical skills to perform general administrative duties.
3. Proactive problem solver with exceptional ability to multi-task and efficiently prioritize assignments. Seeking for the position of an Office Clerk; coming with specialized knowledge of auditing, filling, data entry, and advanced IT systems expertise.
4. Extremely organized individual with excellent written communication and interpersonal relationship skills. Desire the position of an Office Clerk in News Room; bringing 3+ years of administrative experience and exceptional problem solving skills to resolving customer complaints and ensuring customer retention and satisfaction.
5. Talented individual with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task while working within deadlines and time constraints. Looking to obtain the position of an Office Clerk to apply 5years of administrative experience to efficiently manage office procedures, inventory, customer relations and customer complaints in a professional manner.
6. Gifted individual with excellent communication skills and high level of initiative and a positive approach to work. Interested in the position of Office Clerk at XYZ Company to utilize 4years of prior clerical experience to providing excellent customer service and general administrative support functions.
7. Proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and keyboarding skills (60 WPM). Seeking for the position of Office Clerk at ABC Company, offering expertise in creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel, as well as possessing auditing and technical skills to be able to repair office equipment.
8. Individual with excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure. Looking to obtain the position of Office Clerk to ensure effective and professional office operations. Bringing superior clerical skills, typing speed of 45+ WPM, public relations skills, and advance Excel skills to improving office functions at XYZ Company.
9. Exceptionally talented office worker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate with different personalities in a professional and friendly manner desires to obtain the position of an Office Clerk at XYZ Company Inc. Offering accurate data entry skills, proficiency in Excel, Basic office machinery skills, and 3years clerical experience.
10. Highly experienced and skillful clerk with excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills, looking to work in the position of Office Clerk in a fast-paced work environment; offering superior clerical and customer service skills and proficiency in Microsoft office.
11. Customer oriented individual with strong PC skills and a positive attitude. Looking to obtain the position of an Office Clerk, coming with proven abilities to compile financial records and prepare payroll checks; possess strong bookkeeping skills and technical skills to operate and maintain office machines; as well as 2+ years of accounting clerk experience.
12. Multi-tasking individual with excellent communication skills and High school diploma. Desire the position of Office Clerk in NYE Networks. Bringing 5+ years of expertise in performing clerical duties and filling experience.
13. Highly flexible and multi-tasking individual with GED. Looking to obtain the position of Office Clerk at ABC Company to utilize 5+ years of prior administrative experience in performing general administration and clerical duties.
14. Proactive individual with exceptional customer service and critical thinking abilities. Seeking to advance career as an Office Clerk; bringing expert knowledge of auditing, bookkeeping, filling, and taking high volume calls on multiple lines system.
15. Experienced clerk with strong initiative, aptitude to learn, and excellent communication skills. Looking to obtain the position of Office Clerk in Edward Jones Inc. Offering strong client relationship and superior clerical skills.
16. Detail-oriented individual with strong ability to prioritize various responsibilities simultaneously and effectively within time limits. Interested in the position of Office Clerk to apply expertise in IT systems and excellent administrative skills.
17. Experienced multi-tasking individual possessing advanced problem solving skills and High School Diploma. Looking to obtain the position of Office Clerk, to apply 5+ years experience in performing administrative support duties. Offering a proven ability to handle customer complaints in a calm and professional manner.
18. Seeking for the position of Office Clerk, to utilize honed skills in secretarial duties, strong organization skills, excellent interpersonal relationship skills, and 3years of administrative experience.
19. Team player with good judgment and ability to manage priorities. Looking to obtain an Office Clerk’s position; bringing 3+ years of experience working in administrative roles, to coordinate records and effectively manage office inventory.
20. Exceptionally organized individual with 2years clerical experience and sound knowledge of medical terminology. Seeking to obtain the position of an Office Clerk at ArchCare. Offering proven ability to take initiative, expert IT skills, and exceptional customer service skills.
To improve the strength of your office clerk resume or CV to get you the desired interview with recruiters, you need to make your resume objective statement very punchy.
When you are able to grab the attention of the employer quickly as they begin to read your resume, the more likely they will read other sections of the document and offer you an interview appointment.
A good resume objective can be the deciding factor on whether you get an interview or not.
So, go ahead to use the sample objectives for the office clerk resume provided above to learn and master how to write one when you are required to make and send a resume to an employer for the position of office clerk.
31 Best Clerical Resume Objective Statement Examples
A carefully crafted objective statement can help your resume stand out from the others when applying for a clerical job. Recruiters and employers sift through large volumes of resumes searching for the right applicants. By drafting an outstanding objective statement, you can increase your chance of recruiters and employers offering you an interview.
Here are some examples of powerful objective statements for clerical jobs:
Experienced Clerical Objective Statements
- Highly experienced individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, interested in the position of administrative clerk. Bringing exceptional organizational and typing skills (50+ wpm), proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel and experience in data entry, preparation of technical reports and invoices to assist and support company personnel.
- Customer-focused and detail-orientated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills seeks administrative assistant position to utilize four years of prior administrative experience, excellent typing skills (55+ wpm), superior time management skills, and strong organizational skills to deliver outstanding administrative support.
- Highly organized individual with bookkeeping experience and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills seeking Senior Clerical position with BPZ Company, coming with experience in handling accounts payable, collections and billing, together with outstanding time management skills to provide clerical support and ensure customer and colleague satisfaction.
- Self-starting, organized individual with GED and five years’ experience in office administration. Desires administrative assistant position to utilize excellent analytical, communication and supervisory skills; exceptional computing skills and professional and friendly demeanor.
- Proactive, detail-orientated individual with strong communication and organizational skills. Interested in the position of Receptionist/Front Office Coordinator at ABC Industries, offering ability to maintain office supplies and inventory, handle high-volume calls and visitors, and utilize excellent customer service skills to provide oustanding office support.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player seeking sales administrative assistant position, coming with five years’ experience, ability to communicate and interact positively and professionally with customers and colleagues, and highly proficient in preparing sales reports.
- Seeking position as Office Administrator at XYZ Consulting to utilize exceptional customer service and organizational skills, strong telephony skills, and experience in documentation maintenance to provide strong administrative support to colleagues and management.
- Enthusiastic problem-solver with GED, significant data entry experience and excellent organizational skills. Seeking data entry position to provide operational support by utilizing typing speed of 55+ wpm to ensure accurate data entry and verification of data.
- Highly motivated individual with GED and two years’ experience in administration, looking to obtain the position of Administrative Specialist at ASB University to provide excellent support to academic departments. Bringing strong research skills and ability to analyze and compile data in an organized manner, experience in performing office duties and filing, ability to work well under pressure, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, detail-orientated self-starter with excellent research and administrative skills carried out to a high level of accuracy seeking position as administrative assistant. Highly experienced in PowerPoint, assisting with planning and preparing course materials, data management and processing financial documentation to improve data collection and presentations.
- Highly organized individual with advanced Microsoft Office skills and customer service focus seeking administrative assistant position, bringing three years of detail-orientated administrative and database experience, an ability to work collaboratively, and accurate data entry skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) self-starter with excellent clerical skills and GED. Interested in the position of Administrative Associate with TRX Company, bringing a high level of proficiency with SAP, ability to multitask and maintain accuracy under pressure, ability to manage office supply inventory, and experienced in dealing with payroll and associated inquiries.
- Organized individual with business management degree and excellent ability to multitask, seeking senior administrative assistant position to utilize eight years’ experience of office management, supervision and support to senior-level staff; excellent coordination and communication skills; expert-level Microsoft Office skills; and ability to create clear, concise presentations and reports.
- Energetic team player with GED and BCLS certification seeking the position of clerical specialist to utilize one years’ clerical experience in the medical field. Bringing computer skills, good knowledge of medical terminology, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and accurate completion of documentation to provide exceptional clerical support in a professional manner.
Entry-Level Clerical Objective Statements
- Customer-focused individual with excellent teamwork skills, looking to obtain clerical position to utilize exceptional communication skills and strong computer skills to assist a sales team in processing information and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Driven and highly organized individual with strong time management skills interested in starting a career as a Office Assistant at Smith Law Firm to leverage interest in the legal system, hone communication and computer skills, and assist individuals dealing with the legal system in a compassionate and professional manner.
- To obtain the position of clerical assistant in a fast-paced doctor’s office, bringing friendly personality, data entry and computer skills, ability to deal with a diverse range of personalities, and ability to learn quickly.
- Applying to work at ABC University as an Office Worker to leverage optimistic and organized personality, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask to provide superior clerical and filing support, and ability to manage multi-phone lines to forge a rewarding career in the education sector.
- Hardworking and positive team player who thrives in busy environments, looking to provide excellent clerical support to sales and management teams in a clerical position, bringing excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced ability to use all Microsoft Office programs.
- Seeking a Title Transfer Clerk position at ABC Mortgage Company to exploit interest in property and to apply superior clerical, data input and research skills, bringing detail-oriented and customer-focused attitude to deliver exceptional customer service in an upbeat and outgoing manner.
- Looking to obtain a clerical position in a fast-paced environment to utilize research, data entry and analytical skills alongside strong verbal and written communication skills to gain experience.
- Efficient and hardworking individual with strong interpersonal skills, seeking position as an Administration Clerk at Taylor Manufacturing to provide clerical, data entry and filing duties in a professional manner.
- Seeking full-time front desk receptionist position in busy work environment to start customer service-focused career, coming with GED, strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, and typing speed of 55+ wpm to aid fast and accurate data entry.
- Seeking a full-time Clerical Word Processor position within GHD Company to utilize and expand on existing administrative skills and scientific knowledge. Excellent ability to follow instructions and procedures to provide accurate correspondence and reports.
- To contribute to a fast-paced, efficient and friendly work environment as a clerical receptionist with high school diploma and strong computer skills, bringing a detail-orientated, self-motivated attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Senior-year detail-oriented business management student at ASK University (current GPA 3.8), looking to join AR Technical Company as Administrative Assistant after graduation. Seeking to leverage proficient administrative and clerical skills; competency with MS Office and MS CRM; and collaborative, friendly attitude to provide excellent, professional support.
- Compassionate and professional team player seeking to obtain data entry clerk position to apply MS Office, Excel and Quick Books experience, strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail to help drive company success.
- Highly motivated, positive individual with strong work ethic, ability to follow instructions, and work independently, looking to obtain a Data Entry Clerk position with ANZ Incorporated to utilize computing skills, remarkable communication skills and typing skills of 55+ wpm to assist with fast, accurate data entry.
Career Change Clerical Objective Statements
- Hardworking, self-motivated customer service assistant with over five years of experience looking to apply excellent communication and time management skills to a clerical position, coming with a proven track record of customer satisfaction.
- To leverage my three years of customer-facing hospitality experience, ability to work under pressure and strong teamwork skills in an Administrative Assistant position with SBE Company.
- Detail-orientated retail assistant with five years of experience providing excellent customer service in a positive and professional manner, seeking to transition career into an office administrator position.
Crafting an attention-grabbing objective statement for a clerical position highlights your experience, skills and how your background can benefit the company. The perfect objective resume statement includes the key skills required to perform the role you are seeking and shows the recruiter you have what it takes to excel in the job.
Office Clerk Resume Sample
The following sample of an office clerk resume designed to give you the basics in writing your own resume. Refer to the use of the action verbs, skill sets and the objective statement. If you find good matches, feel free to copy, paste and customize for your needs.
Related jobs are: Data Entry Clerk, front office clerk, general office clerk, File Clerk, office administrator or office assistant.
Office Clerk Resume Example
Full Name [Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Skillful clerk, completed varied clerical assignments, provided valuable customer care services, and performed administrative assistance tasks throughout career in office environment, with excellent office organizational management skills.
Objective – Seeking a full time job in an office environment as an Office Clerk, where there is a need for a variety of office administration skills such as computer operation, data typing, front office services, and database program’s administration.
Main capabilities include:
■ Summary of Qualifications
Office Tools & Customer Services
- Typing speed for data entry: 80-90 wpm
- Computer Literacy: Computer operations, related software and office equipment – MS Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook), scanners and printers.
- Front desk interaction via phone, email, letters and in person.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Coordination and organizational abilities.
- Top listening skills.
■ Work History
Key Department Services Hyannis, MA 2008 – Present Office Clerk
Highlights of Work Experience
- Prepared payroll reports, answered emails/phone queries and worked on billing issues.
- Worked on office computers and other equipment as needed – Printed reports and documents, and typed as needed for payroll department.
- Assisted various departments in sorting out queries by providing them with accurate, correct information.
Clerical Maintenance Work:
- Maintained accurate records of the files and payments made for the services and rendered them for office use – Provided the required files on demand to different levels of managers.
- Made arrangements for storage of important office stocks and equipment – Ordered supplies whenever necessary and maintained records of stock.
- High School Diploma/Graduation
- GED Certification
Administrative assistant resume objective examples
Although resume objectives are being replaced by career summaries , that doesn't make them entirely obsolete. In certain cases and for certain positions, a thoughtful, well-written of administrative assistant resume objective can get you noticed. As you prepare your resume to apply to administrative assistant jobs , check out these examples.
Understanding the resume objective
Think back to high school and college. Remember all of the hours you spent sweating over thesis statements? Your resume objective is like that. To craft an appealing objective for your administrative assistant resume , you need to:
- Mention the position you're applying for
- Highlight your skills and personal brand
- State your goals and objects for that position
Focus on what you bring to the table
The key is to craft a succinct, eye-catching administrative assistant resume objective. Focus your objective on your skills and use language that shows your worth.
Example: Looking to contribute seven years of experience as an administrative assistant to the position of Executive Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced office environment where my interpersonal communication, ability to plan and coordinate meetings and travel, and organizational skills will prove valuable.
Focus on what the job needs
Because each resume objective should be tailored to each job you apply to, you have the opportunity to show the hiring manager that you did your research on their company—something you can expand on during your administrative assistant job interview .
Example: Administrative assistant with three years of experience seeking a position with LMNO Publishing to use impeccable editing and proofreading skills, fast and accurate researching abilities, and love of reading for the benefit of the company.
Tell your own future
An excellent resume objective for an administrative assistant resume always looks toward the future. If, for example, you hope to move up in the company eventually, this is the perfect time to mention your future goals as well.
Example: To support the supervisors and management team with problem-solving skills, effective teamwork, and respect for deadlines while providing administrative and entry-level talents with the goal of proving myself and growing with the company.
The language you use in your administrative assistant resume objective makes all the difference. Remember to stand out, use strong language, and anticipate the needs of your employers. Do that and you'll be head and shoulders above the other applicants. Could you use some more help? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service . You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression.
Most Helpful In Resumes
Concierge Resume Sample
By Venus Gentile, Monster Contributor
Interpreter Resume Sample
By Martina Mascali, Monster Contributor
Recruiting Coordinator Resume Sample
Nail technician resume sample, two-column resume template.
By Camilla Andersson, Monster Contributor
One example of a general objective on a resume is a simple job title or desired position. An effective example is specific, such as stating the desired job title and the specific work environment or company.
A good objective statement on a resume will express a candidate’s abilities to work under pressure and produce quality work with a good attitude.
According to the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, an accounting officer signs off on the annual accounts of a government body. An accounting officer is usually appointed by the top authority of the accounting officer’s governmen...
Examples of office clerk resume objectives ... "Highly organized and experienced professional with excellent communication and interpersonal
A clerical resume objective is a brief statement that describes your qualifications and explains what you hope to gain by applying to clerical
1. Looking to bring excellent and consistent administrative and customer service experience to a Front Desk Clerk position with ABC Company while making a
5. Results-oriented professional desiring a City Clerk position at ABC company that can benefit from thorough understanding of legal terminology and
Resume objectives that make it clear what you want · Seeking a senior office clerk role to utilize and hone my advanced data entry skills and business knowledge.
As a general office clerk, your resume objective should focus on your ability to provide administrative support in a busy office environment.
1. Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with exceptional customer service skills and a friendly attitude. Looking for the position of an Office Clerk to
Seeking a Title Transfer Clerk position at ABC Mortgage Company to exploit interest in property and to apply superior clerical, data input and research skills
2.Seeking a full-time position as a receptionist in a vibrant work environment that rewards organizational skills and relevant computer skills with a fair
Objective – Seeking a full time job in an office environment as an Office Clerk, where there is a need for a variety of office administration skills such as
Example: To support the supervisors and management team with problem-solving skills, effective teamwork, and respect for deadlines while providing