In order to post your question we need your email to notify you when the response will be available.
Register to get your text revised right away for FREE ⚡
Today more than 1001 people got their English checked.
By continuing to use this website, you agree to our Terms of Service .
Get a FREE revision 🎁
Register a new account, welcome back, confirm your email.
Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts. Ok, I'll check my email
not your email? Change it now
Set a new email
Here you can set your new address email. Remember to use a valid email address. We will send you an email to confirm your account.
Your text is being reviewed by one of our Experts. We will notify you when your revision is ready.
Or wait in this page
Leave this page open, and your corrected text will appear as soon as it's ready!
You need to add a payment method to get our special promo ⚡
Enter your email below to get instant access to the first Chapter of our Ebook
Downloaded more than 1320 times today.
Add payment method
We're so happy that you liked your revision! Your feedback helps us improve our service. Want more FREE revisions ? 🎁
Step 1 out of 2!
Like us on Facebook by clicking the like button below:
Last step (2/2)
Share TextRanch on Facebook by clicking on the button below.
Congrats! You've just earned 3 credits!
Closing your account will prevent you from accessing your past revisions, and you will no longer be eligible for a FREE daily revision.
There is no cost to keep your TextRanch account, and we store all of your past revisions in a secure and private manner.
Help us understand
If we didn't meet your expectations, we'd really like to know more. Please tell us why you are closing your account:
The best way to perfect your writing.
Discover why 883,973 users count on TextRanch to get their English corrected!
1. Input your text below. 2. Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. 3. Improve your English!
One of our experts will correct your English.
IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH
Three reasons to sign up for our newsletter:
It's useful and FREE
Just one email a week
More than 100,000 users already registered
Want to improve your English business writing?
presentation will be held vs presentation will be conducted
A complete search of the internet has found these results:
presentation will be held is the most popular phrase on the web.
presentation will be held
798,000,000 results on the web
Some examples from the web:
- The presentation will be held on 24 October from 9.30 am to 12.00 pm during the International Day, in Crystal Ballroom J of the Orlando World Center Marriott.
- The presentation will be held at Villa Bertelli in Forte dei Marmi, Via Mazzini 200,... [read more] Giacomo Puccini, the music and Lake.
- The presentation will be held at Villa Bertelli in Forte dei Marmi, Via Mazzini 200, next Monday, December 5, 2016, at 17:30 hours The book will be introduced by Annalisa Gai and Giorgio Giannelli.
- The presentation will be held from 10 am to 5:30 pm. Registration is completely free of charge.
- In the same way, a presentation will be held on a topic such as citizen action and urban planning, with the garden as a central axis.
- The March 14 presentation will be held in Mantua in the state of implementation of the new Basin-Mantova Valdaro
- The book presentation will be held over three interesting events: three guided tours of three of the places described in the journal, which will then be followed by the archaeological, historic and local environment sections presented by field experts.
- Presentations will be held in English or Korean language.
- All presentations will be held at 13h, in the living area, and have free entrance and free age rating.
- Presentations will be held in the Belfry and Market Halls, where much of Bruges' wool and cloth trade was conducted in the 13th to 16th century.
- On the booth, daily technical presentations will be held regarding:
- In Lošinj's museum lectures and presentations will be held on the theme of the Croatian Apoxyomenos and a scientific conference on 'Underwater Archaeology and finding the bronze statue of Apoxyomenos' will be held on the 10 May.
- The Kyoto Prize Presentation Ceremony will be held in Kyoto, Japan, on 10 November 2015.
- At the end of the individual presentations a round table will be held in conclusion.
- After five years' teaching activities and producing material for teaching foreign languages, a Presentation Conference will be held to show the results achieved by the CLI in the field of front lessons and self-access.
- The inauguration of the exhibition and presentation of the book will be held Saturday February 7 from 16 at the Museum of the City of Rimini.
- Link to the presentation , that will be held by IES, about the EPSECC project:
- A preview of the event initiatives and a presentation of the project will be held on Saturday, March, 2013, during the press conference at the Lago Maggiore Center of Baveno, starting from h 10,30.
- At the presentation , a speech will be held by the Viennese artist, critic and professor of theory of perception Domenico Papa
- The presentation of the monograph will be held in the society of Croatian writers, Zagreb, Basaričekova 24,
presentation will be conducted
422,000,000 results on the web
- The presentation will be conducted by Luca Dondi dall'Orologio, Nomisma's Managing Director, Santino Taverna, President of FIMAA-Confcommercio and Fabrizio Savorani, tourist real estate expert of Fimaa-Confcommercio.
- The presentation will be introduced and conducted by Armando Torno.
- Ideally, the first full auditory rehearsal should take place at least a week before the presentation date and be conducted in undisturbed surroundings.
- There will be restaurants, but the main attraction of the mall will be thematic presentations to be conducted at specified intervals.
- The morning will continue with the presentation of a survey conducted by Mannheimer on a sample group of 800 Italians to analyze attitudes and behavior towards the environment.
- The presentation was conducted by the President of SEA, Giorgio Fossa, the Deputy Mayor of Milan, Senator De Corato, and our President, Paolo Pettinaroli.It was a great success, and the press has given much attention to this initiative.
- Added to the intense regular activity of the coursework tours, he also conducted introductory presentations throughout the world in the wake of Edgar Willems who he had already assisted in the Belgian Congo, Portugal and Brazil.
- During the year, there will also be joint meetings for the presentation of the activities conducted by the PhD students to foster the discussion and exchange between the various PhD students and professors/researchers from an interdisciplinary point of view.
- Except presentations , we visited possible demonstration sites (orchards) in Međimurje region where one part of project research will be conducted .
- A preliminary inspection may be conducted immediately before loading at the slaughterhouse loading bay and shall cover the weight, classification, presentation and temperature of half-carcasses.
- Soon the presentation of the new candidates for the elections for the European Parliament will take place. These elections will be conducted in May 2014.
- During their presentation before the Air Safety Committee the competent authorities of Ukraine confirmed that the carrier has the capability to apply the quality management system and undertook to inform the Commission of the results of the verification to be conducted on this matter.
- Short oral presentations will be followed by interactive round table discussions.
- This dig must be conducted professionally.
- Monitoring of thyroid function should therefore be conducted in all patients.
- Sometimes communications can't be conducted officially.
- Registry status must allow reconciliation actions to be conducted .
- That examination shall be conducted within 12 months.
- The fight against child labour must be conducted worldwide.
3 reasons to join our newsletter:
Improve your written English
Weekly emails with useful tips
More than 190,000 users already registered
Thanks to TextRanch, I was able to score above 950 on TOEIC, and I got a good grade on ACTFL OPIC as well. + Read the full interview
I love TextRanch because of the reliable feedback. The editors' comments are helpful and the customer service is amazing. + Read the full interview
TextRanch has helped me to improve my written skills as well as to communicate more naturally, like a local English speaker. + Read the full interview
TextRanch is amazingly responsive and really cares about the client. It's the best online service that I have ever used! + Read the full interview
I started to use TextRanch when I began to learn English. It has been an awesome way to improve my English skills. + Read the full interview
I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback – it makes it so personal. + Read the full interview
I sometimes wonder if my English expressions make sense clearly and TextRanch helps me a lot in such cases. + Read the full interview
TextRanch has been really helpful in improving the flow and repairing the structure of my sentences. + Read the full interview
2,000+ Trustpilot Reviews
“Thank you so much. I like most the human factor."
“I believe its going to smooth business communications"
“I am really satisfied with the answer and turnaround time. As a non-native speaker, I always have second thoughts about my expressions. Editors on TextRanch are super helpful!"
“Human who is reviewing my question not automated machine."
“I love being able to see the tracking of the changes! and the comments from the editors"
“My editor understood my intention and gave me a good advice !! Thank you !!"
“a real person to guide me, instead of some AI :)"
“The best feature of this service is that the text is edited by a human. This gives me more confidence that the context will be correct, which is hard to trust with auto-correction apps"
“A real person editor is much2 better than a software editor."
“This a great. Far better then the AI tools"
“This website is fantastic. So efficient. I highly recommend it."
“So worth the money."
“I love how the editors make my work so much better."
“Human understanding of the context. Artificial intelligence still cannot do this !"
“The most useful app that I have ever found.I truly appreciate your efforts."
“Reliable, meticulous and astonishingly prompt. Love the feedback from the editor."
“Thank you so much! I didn't expect that a real editor, not AI, would check my text. and the result is so good!!"
“Quick and smart, plus is "human-based"! I love it! ;)"
“So good. I thought text is edit by machine, but it's real editor.Stunning!"
“Easy to use. Real people not machines."
“Its one of the best way of improving written skills. I was really helpful. I wish I could find out about Textranch earlier. Thanks a lot for editors."
“Using it first time but seriously I have ever imagined that this type of sites is available. You guys are amazing."
“Thanks for immediate response, really awesome application."
“Textranch corrects my mistakes and tells me what is wrong in the sentence, and they responds quickly."
⚡️Ask our Editor now.
Fresh content for your texts, so you can be more professional.
estimated time: 30 minutes , directly in your inbox
More than 150,000 people like you receive our weekly newsletter to master their English skills!
Why choose TextRanch?
Lowest prices Up to 50% lower than other online editing sites.
Fastest Times Our team of editors is working for you 24/7.
Qualified Editors Native English experts for UK or US English.
Top Customer Service We are here to help. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- Rules/Help/FAQ Help/FAQ
- Members Current visitors
- Interface Language
- English Only
to hold a presentation
- Thread starter Reigh
- Start date Feb 7, 2007
- Feb 7, 2007
I would say "Yesterday he gave a presentation on x".
Both expressions are being used though. (to hold a speech or to hold a presentation)
I prefer "give a presentation" or "make a presentation" or "deliver a presentation." "Conduct" seems fine too. To "hold a presentation" only sounds right to me in the sense of holding a meeting during which a presentation is made. If I reserve the meeting space, hire the speaker to make a presentation, and invite the audience members to attend, then I might say that I am holding a presentation--but the speaker that I hired is making/giving/delivering the presentation. To "hold a speech" is not an expression that I've ever heard. Speeches may be given, delivered, or presented.
I personally wouldn't use the word, "hold." I like "gave" the most. I might say, for example: "He presented his speech on World Hunger to the panel." or "He delivered his presentation on Global Warming to the audience of car manufacturers." The word "gave" is really what comes to mind first in terms of "presentation." Angel Eyes
- Oct 27, 2010
You can say "hold an event," so if the presentation is a standalone event, you can say "hold a presentation." But then it refers to the actual event itself and not solely to the act of actually presenting. But if speaking colloquially, you could word things ambiguously so that it could mean either or both. If you just mean the act of presenting one session at a multi-session conference, for instance, then "give a presentation," "deliver a presentation," or "present on ..." are probably the most common expressions, as others pointed out. If I was among many presenters at a multi-session conference, I absolutely wouldn't say "hold a presentation" to refer to my session. I would say that the conference organizers are "holding the conference" and that I am "presenting on ..." or "giving a presentation about ..." at that conference.
- About the OUR
- Faculty & Staff Home
- Research Mentors
- What Other Faculty Are Saying
- CURE - Purdue Home
- Get Started in CUREs
- CURE - Purdue Program
- Previous Participant Information
- CURE Resources
- Get Started
- Successful Mentoring
- Mentoring Resources
- Find a Student Researcher
- Add Research to Your Course
- Mentoring FAQs
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Research Roundtable
- Summer Research Program Information
- Consultation Request
- Students Home
- Search Opportunities
- Online Course Series
- OUR Scholars
- What Current Undergraduate Researchers Are Saying
- Undergrad Research Pitch Competition
- Get Published
- Market Your Research Experience
- Schedule an Appointment
- Undergraduate Research Society of Purdue
- First-Year Program Home
- First-Year Students
- Peer Research Mentors
- Purdue Research Mentors
- OUR Ambassadors
- Conferences Home
- Fall Expo Information
- Fall Expo Deadlines
- Judge Registration and Information
- Photo Gallery
- Fall Expo Archives
- Spring Conference Information
- Conference Deadlines
- Conference Archives
- Celebrate Purdue's Thinkers, Creators, and Experimenters
- Celebrate FAQs
- Celebrate Archives
- Summer Symposium Information
- Past Abstracts
- Additional Purdue Conferences
- Scholarships & Grants
- OUR Scholarship
- Non-OUR Grants
- Fall Research Expo
- Fall Expo Guidelines
The 2022 Fall Expo will be a hybrid conference. The Office of Undergraduate Research is committed to providing students with a valuable opportunity to present their research and allow all Purdue faculty, staff, and students to view the presentations with in-person and virtual opportunities.
Information for In-Person Presenters
- Morning Poster Symposium: November 14 from 10-11:30am in the Purdue Memorial Union Ballrooms
- Afternoon Poster Symposium: November 14 from 1-2:30pm in the Purdue Memorial Union Ballrooms
- Research Talks: November 16 between 9am and 4pm in Stewart Center 214 - final schedule to be determined in November based on selected presenters' availability
- You should consider at least business casual for your presentation. We will have photographers at the event.
- Any Protect Purdue guidelines must be followed for in-person events.
- You should bring your printed poster with you during the poster symposium check-in of your session (morning or afternoon).
- The poster boards are magnetic and require magnets to be held. These will be provided - do not bring push pins to attach your poster.
- Poster presentation rubric to self-evaluate your presentation: Poster presentation rubric .
- If a judge for your presentation is not able to attend due to any reason and needs to watch your presentation virtually.
- If you are unable to present that day due to any reason and need to present the work virtually.
- If, in the rare instance, large on-campus events are not allowed.
- You can submit your virtual presentation to be included in the virtual conference. This unjudged presentation will be available from November 14-21 for more people to view your work beyond those who attend in person.
- In-person research talks are allotted 15 minutes for their presentation including Q&A.
- You must submit your PowerPoint presentation (or PDF of slides) to [email protected] by November 14 at 8am EST. No changes can be accepted after this time.
- Oral presentation rubric to self-evaluate your presentation: Oral presentation rubric .
Information for Virtual Presenters
- The goal for your final video is to have a 1920x1080 video. For those using screen capture to create the video for submission, the resolution of your screen may not exactly match the 1920x1080 resolution noted above. This is fine, please submit your recording with a resolution that is as good as possible.
- After recording, review your video recording for audio quality. Listen for background noises, popping sounds, etc. If these are present please try to remove these and re-record your presentation.
- Apple Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint, as described in the links below.
- Camtasia (PC & Mac): https://www.techsmith.com/store/camtasia
- CamStudio (PC Only): https://camstudio.org/
- ScreenFlow (Mac Only): https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm
- QuickTime (Mac Only): Included with OS
- Video conferencing software that you can record: Zoom, WebEx, etc.
- Students will present their PowerPoint slides with a voice-over of no more than 10 minutes and upload the file to YouTube.
- Creating and delivering an oral presentation: How to create and deliver an oral presentation .
- Creating and uploading presentation: Narration using PowerPoint . Narration using Keynote . Uploading PowerPoint to YouTube . Uploading KeyNote to YouTube .
- Students will present a single poster, with a voiceover of no more than 5 minutes in length. The recording can zoom in on portions of the poster to help in readability. This can be done by creating the full poster and breaking the poster into "slides" of areas of the poster or by using Prezi and zooming in on parts of the poster as you are presenting.
- Creating a poster with an example: How to create a poster . Example of a poster presentation .
- Creating and uploading a presentation: Narration using PowerPoint . Narration using Keynote . Uploading PowerPoint to YouTube . Uploading KeyNote to YouTube .
- For group projects, students should work together to generate the content and the script but to designate one person to conduct the voiceover and mention the group effort.
- Students must “unlist” the presentation to allow the presentation to be viewable only with the direct link and not searchable, but should turn on comments to allow for asynchronous dialogue.
- Links to the YouTube presentations will be behind a Purdue login for faculty, staff, and students to view for a week and provide feedback to the presentations using a Qualtrics form as if they would face-to-face and ask questions in the comments section.
Student researchers must confirm with their research mentors if they are able to upload their research presentations in this virtual format . Research mentors will be asked to confirm the presentation may be uploaded. Students will not be included in the list of presentations if the research mentor has not approved the presentation being uploaded in a virtual format. Students will be notified if they are not approved.
Unlisting and placing the links behind a Purdue login are ways to prevent the sharing of presentations to others outside Purdue, but the links could be shared. If a researcher or research mentor is concerned about sharing the work virtually, consider if removing or providing less-specific information could make it appropriate for online dissemination. Following the Conference, students can delete the presentation or make the video private to ensure if a link was shared that it cannot be viewed in the future. Presenters should take down the presentation or make them private at the conclusion of the Conference if the research mentor does not provide approval for keeping it up.
If a student decides to withdraw their submission, they should contact [email protected] .
If you have questions, please contact [email protected] .
- Past Fall Expo Abstracts
- Past Award Recipients
- Presenter Certificates
In the same way, a presentation will be held on a topic such as citizen action and urban planning, with the garden as a central axis. The March 14 presentation
A complete search of the internet has found these results: presentation will be held is the most popular phrase on the web. More popular! presentation will be
For schools in the intervention condition a presentation will be held to inform parents and teachers about the content of the program and the study.
The 20th Screen Actors Guild Awards presentation will be held on Jan . 18at the Shrine Auditorium & Exposition Center in Los Angeles.
presentation will be held translation in English - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'presentation',pretension',penetration',prevention', examples
I've read "to conduct a presentation" but I'm wondering whether this would actually be used in spoken language... Could anyone help me with this
De très nombreux exemples de phrases traduites contenant "a presentation will be held" – Dictionnaire français-anglais et moteur de recherche de traductions
Focused conferences and workshops will be held at regular intervals for the presentation of Member State activities as well as Community initiatives in an
The poster boards are magnetic and require magnets to be held. These will be provided - do not bring push pins to attach your poster. Poster presentation
will be a 15 minutes time slot comprising of 12-minute presentation time and 3 minutes for ... presentations must be made and held in English.