What's Your Question?
What Is a Case Study?
When you’re performing research as part of your job or for a school assignment, you’ll probably come across case studies that help you to learn more about the topic at hand. But what is a case study and why are they helpful? Read on to learn all about case studies.
Deep Dive into a Topic
At face value, a case study is a deep dive into a topic. Case studies can be found in many fields, particularly across the social sciences and medicine. When you conduct a case study, you create a body of research based on an inquiry and related data from analysis of a group, individual or controlled research environment.
As a researcher, you can benefit from the analysis of case studies similar to inquiries you’re currently studying. Researchers often rely on case studies to answer questions that basic information and standard diagnostics cannot address.
Study a Pattern
One of the main objectives of a case study is to find a pattern that answers whatever the initial inquiry seeks to find. This might be a question about why college students are prone to certain eating habits or what mental health problems afflict house fire survivors. The researcher then collects data, either through observation or data research, and starts connecting the dots to find underlying behaviors or impacts of the sample group’s behavior.
During the study period, the researcher gathers evidence to back the observed patterns and future claims that’ll be derived from the data. Since case studies are usually presented in the professional environment, it’s not enough to simply have a theory and observational notes to back up a claim. Instead, the researcher must provide evidence to support the body of study and the resulting conclusions.
As the study progresses, the researcher develops a solid case to present to peers or a governing body. Case study presentation is important because it legitimizes the body of research and opens the findings to a broader analysis that may end up drawing a conclusion that’s more true to the data than what one or two researchers might establish. The presentation might be formal or casual, depending on the case study itself.
Once the body of research is established, it’s time to draw conclusions from the case study. As with all social sciences studies, conclusions from one researcher shouldn’t necessarily be taken as gospel, but they’re helpful for advancing the body of knowledge in a given field. For that purpose, they’re an invaluable way of gathering new material and presenting ideas that others in the field can learn from and expand upon.
MORE FROM QUESTIONSANSWERED.NET
CASE STUDY Job Analysis Job Description Job Specification
Uploaded by, document information, description:, share this document, share or embed document, sharing options.
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window Facebook
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window LinkedIn
- Share with Email, opens mail client Email
- Copy Link Copy Link
Did you find this document useful?
Is this content inappropriate, reward your curiosity.
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window
- Share with Email, opens mail client
Exclusive Offers Get Best Assignment Help 25% Discount on Each. Book Now
- New Zealand
Job Description Human Resource Case Study Assignment Help
100% Quality Assurance
On Time Delivery
100% Plagiarism Free Paper
Job Description -Human Resource Case Study Assignment Help Introduction
In a job, the compensation and performance appraisal process has significant importance to motivate the employees. The benefits
and incentives have a significant impact over the employee performance and contribution over the time (Sims, 2007). On the other hand, the lack of key benefits in a job may create the problem related to low morale and less contribution of employees in an organization, which may affect the significance of the organization to sustain its business in the current environment (Armstrong, 2008). So, to motivate the employees, it is essential to build an appropriate compensation plan and process of performance appraisal. This HR case study assignment help paper will discuss the job description and specification for my dream job along with compensation program and performance appraisal process.
Job Description and Specification My dream job is to become the Human Resource Manager (HR Manager) in a repute multinational organization. I want to work in HR department, so that I could interact with the employees directly and can contribute to increase the effectiveness of organization to manage its human resources more effectively and increase the organizational competitiveness in the industry (Sims, 2007). Job description for this dream job is as below, which provides tasks, roles and responsibilities, which I supposed to perform in this job: Table 1:
(Fowler, 2000) The above table describes the job description of my dream job of HR manager in MNC. For this dream job, there are some skills and qualifications required, which are given in the job specification table below. The job specification is the written statement, which includes educational qualification, experience level, and specific qualities etc that are essential to perform a job in a significant manner (Sims, 2007). Below is the job specification for my dream job of HR manager:
Table 2: Job Specification
(Kleynhans, 2006) The above is the job specification of my dream job and almost, I have all the ability and skill to do this job in an effective manner. The job description and job specification is quite significant to explain the job requirements, which help an individual to perform the job significantly.
Compensation and Benefit Package The compensation and benefit package is generally related to the job duties and desired outcomes. A number of factors should be considered in designing a compensation and benefit package, so that employee and organization both can be mutually agree on this and the interest of both can be fulfilled (Armstrong, 2008). It is because an appropriate compensation and benefit package helps to attract and retain the key employees within the organization and also motivates the employees to provide their best efforts towards the organizational goals and objectives. The compensation package for my dream job will be inclusion of direct, indirect and non-financial compensation and benefits, so that all legal compliances can be covered and mutual interest of my dream job and organization could be achieved: Table 3: Compensation and Benefit Package
The above compensation and benefit package is quite justified with my dream job of HRM manager. The base salary and other allowances are justified as per my position in the organization and experience in previous firm. I have master degree in HRM along with a labour law certification and 3.5 year experience in a reputed firm as HR manager. I have proved my skills and compatibility in the industry, which justifies this salary level. The other allowances and incentives are as per the law and equitable with the compensation structure of the similar organization in the industry for the same position (Kleynhans, 2006). According to the HR business assignment help experts , HR manager plays an important role and has significant influence over the organizational growth by managing the most valuable resources of the organization i.e. human resources. The indirect compensation is also as per the organizational rules and policies under the employee compensation laws, which is also justified at the position of HR manager. Some other indirect compensation such a car facility, accommodation is some of the essential facilities, which are required for this job (Estreicher & Reilly, 2010). At the same time, in US, organizations tend to offer this type of facilities to the senior managers to reduce the stress level and to improve work efficiency. Flexibility is also required for this job as HR manager has to consider various aspects in designing HR policies and procedures. So, the level of indirect compensation is also justified with my dream job. At the previous job, I also had the facility of accommodation and car and expect the same in my dream job. The non-financial compensation is also justified as it includes the growth opportunities, which are seek by everyone in their career. If the growth opportunities will not be there, the motivation level of an employee at any position can be declined.
So, these non-financial compensations are also significant with the job profile. Overall, the compensation and benefit package is significant to achieve the mutual interest of my dream job and organization both, which would be beneficial for the growth of both (Biswas, 2012). Thus, on the basis of market competitiveness, individual and organizational objectives, and as per state and federal rules and regulations, the above described compensation packages for my dream job is properly justified.
Armstrong, M. (2008). Strategic Human Resource Management: A Guide to Action (4 th ed.). USA: Kogan Page Publishers . Biswas, B.D. (2012). Compensation and Benefit Design: Applying Finance and Accounting Principles to Global Human Resource Management Systems . USA: FT Press. DeNisi, A. (2004). A Cognitive Approach to Performance Appraisal . London: Routledge. Edwards, J.E., Scott, J.C. & Raju, N.S. (2003). The Human Resources Program-Evaluation Handbook . USA: SAGE. Estreicher, S. & Reilly, D.J. (2010). Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation . UK: Kluwer Law International. Fowler, A. (2000). Writing Job Descriptions . UK: CIPD Publishing. Kleynhans, R. (2006). Human Resource Management . South Africa: Pearson South Africa. Mayhew, R. (2013). Performance Appraisal Programs . Retrieved from: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/performance-appraisal-programs-11555.html Sims, R.R. (2007). Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues, Challenges And Opportunities . IAP.
Now get business Motivational Challenges Assignment Help with assignmenthelpexperts.com
We always provide the original and authentic assignment writing help that will help you succeed in your academic career. We are available 24X7 for student assignment help so you can get answer of your assignment query in few minutes.
so contact us for assignment help at [email protected], to know more.
- Refund Policy
- Terms & Condition
Assignment help service by Assignment Help Experts is rated 5.00 based on 37492 student reviews.
- Toll Free Australia +61-3-9088-1335
- Email [email protected]
- Los Angeles
- Order Status
- What Makes Us Different
Job Analysis at Go Forward Harvard Case Solution & Analysis
Home >> Human Resource Cases >> Job Analysis at Go Forward
Go forward is one of the largest and fastest growing computer retailers in USA. Presently, the company is functioning with 442 stores and is going to expand its business in the next two years. Go Forward wants to bring improvements in the customer service in order to build the long-term relationship with the customers that would benefit both; the company as well as the customers.
Presently, the company is facing the issue of high turnover rate. There is also the shortage of store related staff especially store managers. Sometimes, the company has to hire the staff from other hiring firms that increase the cost. The Company has hired Yong Kim, an HR executive, to evaluate the hiring process and provide training to the store managers. The Company also wants Yong Kim to analyze the reasons for leaving the job at the faster rate, the job requirements for the position of store managers, and develop training modules accordingly.
How can Go Forward decrease the high employees’ turnover and increase their employees’ loyalty to achieve the better customer service by meeting customers’ requirements and increase the consumer market by attracting more customers?
Currently, the strategy of the company has failed to increase employees’ loyalty, efficiency, and effectiveness. What steps HR can take and form strategies to decrease high employees’ turnover, increase employees’ loyalty, and create customer service better?
Job analysis is a set of procedures to identify the content of a job in terms of activities involved and or requirements of the job needed to perform those activities. Job analysis provides information to organizations that help them in determining the best person for the specific job. The reason of conducting job analysis is to prepare job descriptions and job specifications which help the organization to hire the right workforce. Performing the job analysis is the foundation for bringing improvements including: definition of a job domain; description of a job; development of performance appraisals, selection systems, promotion criteria, training needs assessment, and compensation plan.
Job Analysis Approaches:
There are two approaches to job analysis; task-oriented and worker-oriented. Task oriented is the old approach and is mainly focused on work duties, responsibilities, and functions. Worker oriented approach is the modern approach and focuses on the human attributes needed to perform the job successfully.
Job Analysis Methods:
The methods of doing job analysis are observations, interviews, and questionnaires. The analyst observes an employee and records all his performed and non-performed task, responsibilities and duties, methods, ways and skills used by him to perform those duties and his mental or emotional ability to handle challenges and risks in observation method. In an interview, an employee is interviewed in order to know his working styles, problems faced by him, use of particular skills and techniques while performing his tasks and insecurities and fears about his careers. Another method is job analysis , in which employees are asked to fill a questionnaire from their superiors and managers. This method suffers from personal biasness. A great care should be taken while framing questions for different grades of employees.
In this case, the requirement of Go Forward for the position of store managers is MBA or at least three years of experience. In the modern world, MBA is important for any managerial position and its significance cannot be neglected because you know well how to perform your management related tasks. MBA graduate is fully aware of using different methods, techniques and strategies to perform the tasks, utilize the resources of the organization properly to achieve your goal, motivate and lead people being the store manager. MBA graduate is also fully aware of different strategies and tactics to please the customer and making customer service better.
Yong Kim can use worker-oriented approach as it is being used in most of the organizations today. The workers’ oriented approach is designed by their backgrounds; knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics. Worker-oriented job analyses tend to provide more generalized human behavior and behavior patterns. Workers’ oriented approach also helps in finding the strength and weaknesses of the workers and then jobs are assigned to them that results in increasing their productivity and efficiency. The job of the store managers can be designed according to their skills, knowledge they have got from MBA and abilities so that they could perform their responsibilities.......................
This is just a sample partial case solution. Please place the order on the website to order your own originally done case solution.
Related Case Solutions & Analyses:
Hire us for Originally Written Case Solution/ Analysis
Like us and get updates:.
Harvard Case Solutions
Search Case Solutions
- Accounting Case Solutions
- Auditing Case Studies
- Business Case Studies
- Economics Case Solutions
- Finance Case Studies Analysis
- Harvard Case Study Analysis Solutions
- Human Resource Cases
- Ivey Case Solutions
- Management Case Studies
- Marketing HBS Case Solutions
- Operations Management Case Studies
- Supply Chain Management Cases
- Taxation Case Studies
More From Human Resource Cases
- Competing in Network Markets: Can the Winner Take All?
- Sales leadership icons and models: How comic book superheroes would make great sales leaders
- The AmeriCorps Budget Crisis of 2003 (A): Why the National Service Movement Faced Cutbacks and How it Responded
- BN Spice N Nice Kitchens Pvt., Ltd.: Runaway Costs
- Buses for Democracy: Improving Public Transport in South Africa
- Corporate Entrepreneurship: Leading Entrepreneurship
- To Condemn or Not to Condemn: Why Bad Behaviour Doesn't Always Damage Reputation
Check Order Status
How Does it Work?
IN ONLINE CASE STUDY
For free cases and projects including exciting deals please register yourself .
Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Case studies on job analysis
You are reading a preview.
Activate your 30 day free trial to continue reading.
Check these out next
Download to read offline
April 6, 2017 Trimester: 171 Course Code: MGT 3122 Course Title: Human Resources Management
More Related Content
Slideshows for you (20).
Similar to Case studies on job analysis (20)
More from Shagufta Rahman (20)
Recently uploaded (20)
- 1. qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyui opasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfgh jklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvb nmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwer tyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopas dfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzx cvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmq wertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuio pasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghj klzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbn mqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwerty uiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdf ghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxc vbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmrty uiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdf ghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxc Case Study on Job Analysis
- 2. ii REPORT 01 Prepared For Md. Kazimul Hoque Lecturer – Management School of Business & Economics United International University Prepared By Group: 3 Serial Number Name ID 11 Shagufta Rahman 111151022 13 Tahrima Akter 111151118 15 Fatema Tuz Zohra 111151150 17 Nowshin Naina 111151237 19 Annur Intisar 111151257 April 6, 2017 United International University
- 3. iii Letter of Transmittal April 6, 2017 Md. Kazimul Hoque Lecturer- Management School of BusinessandEconomics UnitedInternational University Subject:Submissionof report on case solving. Sir, We are pleasedtosubmitthe report on case solvingthat you asked for and give us the authorization to work on “Case Study on Job Analysis” We tried our best to work on it carefully and sincerely to make the report informative. The study we conductedenhancedour knowledge tomake anexecutive report.Thisreporthas given us an exceptionalexperiencethatmighthave immenseusesinthe future endeavorsandwe sincerelyhope that it would be able to fulfill your expectations. We have put our sincere effort to give this report a presentable shape and make it as informative and precise as possible. We thank you for providing us with this unique opportunity. Yours Sincerely, On behalf of the members of Group: 3 Shagufta Rahman.
- 4. iv Acknowledgement It is our esteemed pleasure to present the report on “Case Study on Job Analysis”. We express our deep gratitude to our course guide, Md. Kazimul Hoque (Lecturer – Management, School of Business and Economics),whogave usthe inspirationtopursue the reportandguidedusin thisendeavor.He has been a constant source of motivation and encouragement for us. Besides, he provided us with all the informationneededtodothis report, made us clear about all related concepts and taught us properly. We thank him for all the initiative and zeal he filled us with throughout the repot work.
- 5. v Executive Summary JobAnalysis isa processtoidentifyanddetermine indetailthe particular jobdutiesandrequirements and the relative importanceof these dutiesforagiven job.JobAnalysis isaprocesswhere judgments are made aboutdata collectedona job. It isalso knownas work analysis.Itis a family of procedures to identify the content of a job in terms of activities involved and attributes or job requirements needed to perform the activities. Job analysis provides informationtoorganizationswhichhelpstodetermine whichemployeesare bestfitforspecific jobs.Throughjobanalysis,the analystneedstounderstandwhatthe importanttasksof the jobare,how they are carried out, and the necessary human qualities needed to complete the job successfully. One of the main purposes of conducting job analysis is to prepare job descriptions and job specifications which in turn help hire the right quality of workforce into an organization. The general purpose of job analysis is to document the requirements of a job and the work performed. Jobdescriptionisabroad, general,andwrittenstatementof aspecificjob,basedonthe findingsof ajob analysis.Itgenerallyincludesduties,purpose,responsibilities,scope,andworkingconditionsof ajob alongwiththe job'stitle,andthe name or designationof the persontowhomthe employeereports.Job descriptionusuallyformsthe basisof jobspecification. Jobspecificationisastatementof employeecharacteristicsandqualificationsrequiredforsatisfactory performance of defineddutiesandtaskscomprisingaspecificjoborfunction.Jobspecificationis derivedfromjobanalysis.
- 6. vi Contents Letter of Transmittal......................................................................................................................... iii Acknowledgement.............................................................................................................................iv Executive Summary ............................................................................................................................v Case: 01.............................................................................................................................................1 Case: 02.............................................................................................................................................4 Case: 03.............................................................................................................................................9 Reference ........................................................................................................................................11
- 7. 1 Case: 01 A Trading Assistant’s Job Basedon the viewof whatis happeninginFortunate Financial Services Limited (FFSL). Robin Singh, the branch managerof Delhi office,concludedthatone of the first things he had to attend involved developing job descriptions for his one-line trading assistants. The daily turnover of the FFSL’s Branch in the Connaught circus area has been going up steadily in the recent times, thanks to the stock market boom in January, 2000; it has reached an all time high of 7 crore. To in cash the opportunities presented by the boom FFSL had recruited 5 additional assistants- all younggraduateswithovertwoyearsof experience in stock market operations taking the total number of assistants to 12. Two supervisors have also been appointed about six months back to oversee tradingarrangementsandbackoffice operations.The branchallowstrading in stock belonging to BSE, NSE and DSE. Each assistant had to look after the requirement of more than 30 clients on daily basis. In recent times, FFSL face the number of problem on settlement day Major steps taken to sustain with the rise and fall of Stock Prices: Clientsexceededtheirlimitwithactivecooperationfromtradingassistants/Supervisors. Clients issued checks which bounced back later on. Sharescertificateswere nothandedoverin time or delivery slips not handed in over in cases of dematerialized stocks. Clientssimplydisappearedfor awhile,whenevertheytookalongpositionina particular scrip - only to surface when the price is up. Problem discussed with the Management: Clearly define the roles and responsibility of trading assistants and supervisors. Assessthe networthof a clientcarefullybefore enrolling him as a member. Set trading limits clearly and circulates this to assistants daily. On the settlement day ask the clients to pay or square up. Collect amount from clients on a daily basis whenever they exceeded limits. Make the entire group responsible, whenever they allowed clients to exceed limits. Questions: (1) What should be the formal and final form of the trading assistant’s job description? (2) Is it advisable to specify rules and regulations in the body of the job descriptions or should these be kept separately? (3) How would you have conducted the job analysis in the above case?
- 8. 2 Summary Branch Manager Robin is going to develop single line based trading assistants job description. For increasing trend of turnover his company recruited five additional assistants to handle more than thirty clients on a day in average to supervisor in working just under manager to oversee trading arrangementandtake responsibility of back office. Existing even seven trading assistant had faced some problems with management and also with clients. That is the main reason to recruit new people in the team. Answer to the question no.1 The formal and final form of the trading assistant’s job description is presented below: JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Trading Assistant REPORTS TO: Trader DIVISION: Middle-office DEPARTMENT: Trading SUMMARY TradingAssistant’sworkwithhedge fundsortradinggroupstotrade stocksand increase the value of theirassignedstockportfolios.Theyoftenworkina team withPortfolioManagers,Researchers, operationsstaff andLegal groupsto ensure theirclients’portfolioscontinuetogrow invalue. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Reviewing the transactions on a customer’s account to ensure financial accuracy. Assisting with trade executions in case of when account executives are not present. Monitoring the market as a whole in order to keep the rest of the firm informed. Coordinating transactions with portfolio managers and investment teams with regards to their trade ideas, information flow and data requests. Summarizing the daily transactions and earnings into reports for each client’s account. Conducting clerical services like distributing mail to the staff, filling records or documents intothe system, preparing documents for contracts or legal record, and preparing research or technical reports. REQUIRED SKILLS Core skills: Extensive experience withadvancedspreadsheetprogramssuchasAdvancedExcel,VBA and SQL Understandingof economicsandaccounting, withaworkingknowledgeof economicand accountingprinciplesandpractices,banking,financial marketsandworkingwithfinancial information Strongmathematical skills,includingfamiliaritywithalgebra,arithmetic,geometry, statistics,calculusandhowto applythemtofinancial markets
- 9. 3 Customerservice skills,includingmeetingcustomerneeds,workingwithstandardoffice machinery,offeringqualitystandardsof service andevaluatingcustomersatisfactionina timelyandprofessional manner,despite the fast-pacedenvironment. Advanced skills: Previousexperienceinbank,creditorglobal trade or brokerage focusedhedge funds. Previousacademicexcellence inthe fieldsof mathematics,economics,the physical sciences or engineering. Experiencedwith global capital marketsandcreditderivatives. Answer to the question no.2 It isnot mandatoryto specifyrules and regulations in job description body. A separated regulation can be more effective Answer to the question no.3 By followingthe steps mentionedbelow,Iwouldhave conductedthe jobanalysis in the above case: Identifying the job to be analyzed Determining procedures to be used (methods) in collecting job data Reviewing the data collected Summarizing and documenting the data collected.
- 10. 4 Case: 02 Name of the organization – APOLLO HOSPITAL ApolloHospital hasbeengrowinginsize as it offers quality, prompt-caring services to the patients. Dr. Chandrashekarthe Administratorisapersonwithgoodmedical knowledge but lacks knowledge and skillsinvolvedinhumanresourcesmanagement. The hospital has large quantities of medicine, equipment, spare parts of important machines installed in the hospital. As usual, the Hospital has employed a “storekeeper” with no previous experience of Hospital Stores. Mr. Ramakant the storekeeperwasworkingearlierinanengineeringfirmandhadsufficientknowledge of such stores. Ramakant reports to the purchase Executive whose job is to order requisite materials for requirementsof the entire Hospital, Dr.Chandrashekharhasbeenreceivingvariouscomplaintsfrom the staff and doctors of non-availability of medicines, drugs, spares of equipment and other consumables required in the Hospital having 500 beds. Since the hospital so far did not employ a qualifiedPersonnel Manager, the administrators are not aware of the job analysis procedures, nor do they have job description and job specification of any of the jobs being performed. Questions: (1) Write down the job analysis, job description and job specification of a storekeeper’s job. (2) What specificstandards and specification would you include in the job description and job specification? (3) How would you go about in developing a standard job description and specification? (4) Which are the staff members from whom you would collect useful information and requirements of this job?
- 11. 5 Summary ThoughApolloHospital ishuge in size with500 beds butits administrationisverypoor.The cause of these the hospital has employed inexperience ‘’Storekeeper ‘’and ‘’Personal Manager’’. The administrationsare notaware of the jobanalysisproceduresandjobspecification of any of the jobs being performed. Answer to the question no.1 A storekeeper’s job analysis should cover: 1) Work activities 2) Human behaviors 3) Machine, tools, equipment and work aids 4) Performance standards 5) Job context 6) Human requirements (Other skills and Qualifications) 1) Analyzing Information 2) Judgment 3) Verbal Communication 4) Managing Processes 5) Legal Compliance 6) Productivity 7) Quality Focus 8) Attention to Detail. This job analysis can be used for: 1) Recruitment and selection 2) Training and development 3) Performance appraisal A storekeeper’s job specification should include: 1) Receives,stores,andissuessuppliesandequipment and compiles records of supply transactions aboard ship: Verifies that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices. 2) Stores supplies and equipment in storerooms. 3) Issues supplies. 4) Inventories supplies and equipment at end of each voyage. 5) Compiles report of expenditures.
- 12. 6 6) May be designated according to department worked in as Storekeeper, Deck; Storekeeper, Engineering; Storekeeper, Steward. A storekeeper’s job description EXPERIENCE 1) A minimum 2 years of experience is required. 2) Experience in selling products. EDUCATION QUALIFICATION Candidate must have a bachelor degree. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED Candidate must have strong communication skills. Candidate must be very confident. Ability to give presentation in front of a large audience. Can perform under high pressure. Experience in cold calling & lead generation. Can make go to market strategy. Ability to work in an environment of constant change. Experience in working flexible environment. Should have a go getter attitude. HIGH LEVEL OVERVIEW OF JOB REQUIREMENT Workingas a keypointbetweencustomer&organization. Physical fitness Drivinglicense Answer to the question no.2 The standards and specifications we should consider while setting the job description and specification: Standardsshouldbe mutuallyagreeduponbysupervisorand employee. It is absolutely essential that employees know and understand the performance standards against which they will be measured. Standards should be realistic and achieve. Standards should be set slightly above average. They should be achievable but set to make the employee strain a little. Standardsshouldbe flexible.Itshouldbe possible to amend the standard if unforeseen circumstances arise that make the standard unachievable.
- 13. 7 Specifications that we should include in the job specification: They must know about how to receives, stores, and issues supplies and equipment and compilesrecordsof supplytransactionsaboardship,Verifiesthatsuppliesreceivedare listed on requisitions and invoices. Must Store some supplies and equipment in storerooms. Must issue the supplies. Inventories supplies and equipment at end of each voyage. Must be compiling the report of expenditures. Must be designatedaccordingtodepartmentworkinginasStorekeeper, Deck Storekeeper, Engineering, Storekeeper, hospital storekeeper. Specifications that we should include in the job description: 1) Candidate must know strong verbal communication skills. 2) Candidate must be very confident for hisher job. 3) Ability to perform under high pressure. 4) Must Experience about cold calling & lead generation. 5) Ability to work in any type of environmental situation of constant change. 6) Always show great attitude with customer. Answer to the question no.3 Write the jobdescription: I suggest: this company may have a format for job descriptions so check withHumanResources.Often,however,all HRexpectsisalistof the responsibilitiesandtheyprefer to develop the final format congruent with other job descriptions across the company. These are the normal components of the job description: Main Activities/Responsibilities:Thisisa listof the mainresponsibilities with an emphasis on contribution and outcomes, and should be listed in order of importance. This statement is appropriate because it includes information on the three elements mentioned above: What is done: Work is allocated To what or with whom: To four clerical assistants To achieve what end result: The smooth and efficient running of the Departmental Office. Overall position description with general areas of responsibility listed Essential functions of the job described with a couple of examples of each, Required knowledge, skills, and abilities, enquired education and experience, Review the job description periodically to make sure it accurately reflects what the employee is doing and your expectations of results from the employee.
- 14. 8 Use the job descriptionas a basis for the employee developmentplan(PDP) Anemployee's jobdescriptionisintegral inthe developmentof hisorher quarterlyemployeedevelopment plan. An effective jobdescriptionestablishesabase so that an employee can clearly understand what theyneedtodeveloppersonally,andcontribute to your organization. Develop job descriptions to provide employees with a compass and clear direction. Answer to the question no 4 Collecting useful information and requirements of this job from the staff member: Gather the appropriate people for the task: The manager to whom the position will report takes the lead in developing a job description, but other employees who are performing similarjobscan contribute to its development, too. Additionally, if the position is new and will relieve current employees of workload, they should be part of the discussion. Performa job analysis:I needas muchdata as possible todevelopajobdescription.The job analysis may include: The job responsibilities of current employees. Internet research and sample job descriptions online or offline highlighting similar jobs. An analysisof the work duties, tasks, and responsibilities that need to be accomplished by the employee filling the position. Research and sharing with other companies that have similar jobs. Articulation of the most important outcomes or contributions needed from the position. If we can gathermore information,the easier the actual task of developing the job description will be.
- 15. 9 Case: 03 Job Descriptionat RedLobster Red Lobster operates over 670 casual-dining seafood restaurants in the US and Canada, employing more than 63,000 people. When Red Lobster developed a new business strategy to focus on value and improve its image, it established a new vision, mission, and goals for the company. The restaurant chain simplified its menu with the highest-quality seafood it could offer at mid-range prices,tradeditsrestaurants’tropical themesforacrisp,cleanlookwithwhite-shirt-and-black-pants uniforms for its employees, and added Northeastern coastal imagery to its menu and Web-site. Executing the new mission and differentiation strategy required hiring fun, hospitality-minded people who shared its values. Although Red Lobster had not had any problem with hiring restaurant managers, the company felt that the managers it hired did not always reflect Red Lobster’s strategy, vision and values. The company also realized that their old job descriptions did not reflect the passion its new strategy needed from its employees. Question: RedLobsterasks youropinionof whatit shoulddoinwritingitsjobdescriptionstoimprove the fit betweenitsnewmanagementhiresanditsnew businessstrategy.
- 16. 10 Summary Redlobsterhasover670 casual diningseafoodrestaurantsinclude 63000 employees.Itestablished newmissionvisiongoal forgettingmore customersatisfaction.Butthe new hiredmanagerdidnot followhisstrategyvisionandvalues.Thentheyrealizedtheiroldjobdescriptiondidn’twork. Answer to the question: RedLobstershouldlookforthese things initsmanagerswhile writingitsjobdescriptions,to improve the fitbetweenitsnewmanagementhiresanditsnew businessstrategy: Accomplishesrestauranthumanresource objectivesbyrecruiting,selecting,orienting, training,assigning,scheduling,coaching,counseling,anddiscipliningemployees; communicatingjobexpectations;planning,monitoring,appraising,andreviewingjob contributions;planningandreviewingcompensationactions;enforcingpoliciesand procedures. Plansmenusbyconsultingwithchefs;estimatesfoodcostsandprofits;adjustsmenus. Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation. Publicizesthe restaurantby designingandplacingadvertisements; inviting food editors to reviewthe restaurant;contactinglocal,regional,andnational magazineswithfeature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant. Maintainsambiance bycontrollinglighting,backgroundmusic, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- 17. 11 Reference Case:01 http://www.psnacet.edu.in/courses/MBA/HRM/22.pdf Case:02 http://oktato.econ.unideb.hu/kunandras/BAINMBA/SlidesHRM/HRM%20Case%20study_Red_Lobst er.doc Case:03 https://www.slideshare.net/rithikloveboy4u/case-study-a-trading-assistants-job
Public clipboards featuring this slide, select another clipboard.
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
You just clipped your first slide!
Create a clipboard
Get slideshare without ads, special offer to slideshare readers, just for you: free 60-day trial to the world’s largest digital library..
The SlideShare family just got bigger. Enjoy access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Help us keep SlideShare free
It appears that you have an ad-blocker running. By whitelisting SlideShare on your ad-blocker, you are supporting our community of content creators.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to content
- Skip to footer
HR Business Consultants
Job Description Case Study
The hr blog.
Home » Blog » Job Description Case Study
We went to visit another new client (yeah!) and undertook an HR audit. One of the things that stood out straight away, were the lack of job descriptions and clarity on the roles. The managers said they were too busy to document and said the employees knew their roles and it was fine.
Talking to the employees they explained they would like clarity of what exactly both their and their colleague’s roles were. With small companies they all accepted that you must do things that wouldn’t fall under your remit, but as the company grew the roles were becoming blurry.
We first prepared an organisation chart with roles, not the employees on it. Then wrote up job descriptions for these roles. Working with the managers we ensured that all the work was covered in these job descriptions. These were then allocated to employees. Some had two roles due to the size of the roles.
We realised that one employee had four roles, this also came with a very large workload that no one really acknowledged. Woking with the manager and employee work was delegated, reallocated some functions and some parts were outsourced.
Subscribe to Top HR Tips & download our FREE eBook...
- First Name *
- Last Name *
- Email Address *
HR Business Consultants Brook House Mint Street Godalming GU7 1HE view map
What we offer
- Fees and Packages
- HR Health Check
01483 697 076
The City of Long Beach’s Library Services Department will be seeking a Manager of Branch Services. Learn more HERE!
When you’re performing research as part of your job or for a school assignment, you’ll probably come across case studies that help you to learn more about the topic at hand. But what is a case study and why are they helpful? Read on to lear...
Case studies are important because they help make something being discussed more realistic for both teachers and learners. Case studies help students to see that what they have learned is not purely theoretical but instead can serve to crea...
Examples of a case study could be anything from researching why a single subject has nightmares when they sleep in their new apartment, to why a group of people feel uncomfortable in heavily populated areas. A case study is an in-depth anal...
JOB ANALSYSIS: This is the procedure for determining the duties and skill requirements of a job and the type of person who should be employed for it. JOB
In this case study, I will be a consultant for Red Lobster. The first step is to develop a strategy to conduct a job analysis. A job analysis
this job? ... Summary management relationship by planning
Job Description -Human Resource Case Study Assignment Help Introduction · Good health · Ability to work for long-hours · Ability to deal with stressful situations
The analyst observes an employee and records all his performed and non-performed task, responsibilities and duties, methods, ways and skills used by him to
JOB SPECIFICATION: A list of job's human requirements that is the requisite education,. skills, personality etc. What is studied in Job Analysis - is (1) work
Question: ASSIGNMENT 2 - Case Study JOB ANALYSIS (JA) JOB DESCRIPTION (JD) JOB SPECIFICATION (JS) JA: This is the procedure for determining the duties and
Ability to give presentation in front of a large audience. Can perform under high pressure. Experience in cold calling & lead
We realised that one employee had four roles, this also came with a very large workload that no one really acknowledged. Woking with the manager and employee
Built-in the core competencies identified by the organization into the updated job descriptions. Designed a citywide approval process to expedite implementation
It generally includes tracking an employee's duties and the duration of each task, observing the employee performing his or her job, interviewing the employee